Frederick Nattrass Primary Academy has 210 pupils and a nursery with 52 part time places. We have 1 class of approximately 30 children in each year group.
In 2014 we were awarded a Silver Inclusion Quality Mark for our extensive work on Including every child and family and our record of achievement for all
Frederick Nattrass Primary Academy was judged to be 'Good' in May 2016 (see the link on the menu to the right). The key judgements were that:
Leadership : Good
- Leaders have established a positive climate for learning and staff morale is high.
- The Principal rigorously holds all staff to account.
- The Principal is ensuring continual improvement in the school's performance. She is passionate about ensuring that pupils' needs are met and removing any barriers.
Teaching : Good
- Pupils are keen and motivated to learn. They achieve well from their starting points.
- Teachers ask effective questions and use assessment well.
- Relationships between staff and pupils are strong. Staff 'go the extra mile' to provide high quality care and support to ensure they remove any barriers to learning.
- The most able pupils are challenged effectively to ensure they reach their full potential
Behaviour and Welfare : Good
- The school provides a good range of services to promote pupils' health and wellbeing.
- Pupils are proud of the school and have positive attitudes to learning.
- Children behave well both in and out of the classroom.
Outcomes : Good
- Pupils make good progress from their starting points. Outcomes are improving over time.
Early Years : Good
- Children get off to a good start from starting points that are below those typical for their age
- Children engage in a range of stimulating and interesting activities.
- Children behave well, and are happy and secure in this setting.