At Frederick Nattrass Primary Academy we value sport as a means of keeping fit and healthy, and also a way for children with a talent to shine.
We have achieved the Bronze School Games Award
Entitlement For All
Every child takes part in 2 PE lessons a week - these cover the full range of activities over the year (team sports, ball skills, dance, gymnastics, athletics etc).
PE lessons are taught by either the class teacher of a specisalist sports' coach:
- Children in Year 5 and Year 6 have a lesson taught by a specialist PE teacher from North Shore Academy every week. These lessons will change each term to follow the full curriculum. Some lessons may be taught at North Shore Academy so that children can access specialist PE equipment.
- Children from Year 1 to Year 4 will have lessons taught by sports' coaches from either Middlesbrough Football Club Foundation or Sporting Chance (a local organisation). These lessons will largely focus on ball skills and team games.
- Children in Year 4 go swimming every Friday afternoon for the whole year to Billingham Forum Pool. This is one of their PE lessons. We aim for every child to be able to swim at least 25m by the end of Year 4.
- All children from Year 2 to Year 6 take part in cluster sporting events organised by North Shore Academy. This involves the whole class travelling to North Shore (or another venue) to take part in activities.
Over their time in our school, all children will have the opportunity to take part in competitive sport. This is selective as we believe that children with a sporting talent should be given the chance to shine:
- Athletics competitions at Clairville Stadium in the summer term
- Kwik Cricket tournaments
- Football tournaments
- Dance festivals
- Netball tournaments
- Swimming galas
- anything else that we are invited to participate in!
If any child is successful in sport outside school we want to know about it so that we can celebrate with them
Some of our cross country running stars -